Relationship property and family law

When relationships come to an end due to separation or death, a couple’s property, business and other assets must be divided up.

The Property (Relationships) Act 1976 outlines how this is to be done. But married couples, civil union partners and de facto couples can choose to draw up their own ‘contracting out’ agreement in advance to determine what happens in these circumstances.

Our team specialise in drafting these agreements so you can have peace of mind going forward in your relationship.

If you do split up and no agreement is in place, we also offer confidential, empathetic and practical advice on how best to proceed. We’ll help you resolve any relationship property disputes and advise you on how best to structure and protect your personal and business assets following a separation.

We also advise on care arrangements for children, whether that is by agreement or through Court proceedings.

Frank Freeman has experience in relationship property and faily law and can provide helpful support in all employment matters.