skip to Main Content

Relationship Property

When relationships end, a couple’s property, business, and other assets must be divided according to the Property (Relationships) Act 1976.

Spouses, civil union partners, and de facto couples can agree in advance on how this is to be done with a ‘prenup’ or ‘contracting out’ agreement. Our team specialises in drafting these, providing you with peace of mind moving forward in your relationship.

If you do separate and no agreement is in place, we also offer confidential, empathetic and practical advice on how best to proceed. We can advise you on what you are entitled to, help you resolve to any disputes, and guide you on how best to structure and protect your personal and business assets.

Jay Pierce is our expert relationship property lawyer and can assist you where needed.

Contact our team

Back To Top